I recently purchased a Blink camera and set it up, only to discover that it had already been registered to another account.
I was frustrated and didn’t know what to do. After researching, I found out how to unregister my Blink camera from the other account.
In this article, I’ll explain exactly how you can go about unregistering your Blink camera from an existing account so that you can start using it.
Let’s get started!
How Do I Unregister a Blink Camera From Another Account
If your Blink camera is registered to another Blink account, you can unregister it by following the below steps:
1. Switch the account where the camera is registered.
2. And then tap on Settings from the camera you want to unregister.
3. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and click on Delete Camera.
4. Tap on Yes to confirm your choice.
Once you’ve got your camera unregistered from the other account, you can set it up into another account or gift someone you want.
How to Remove a Blink SYNC Module from Account?
Removing the SYNC module from your Blink account is quite simple, as we discussed removing the camera.
Here are the steps to do so:
1. Launch the Blink app on your phone.
2. Select the System you want to remove and click on Sync Module from the home screen.
3. Next, tap on Delete Sync Module and click Ok to confirm your choice.
4. Now, scan the QR code of the System or enter the serial code of the Sync module. These QR and serial numbers are usually located on the bottom of the unit.
5. Confirm it again to ensure you want to Remove the Sync Module from your account.
How to Delete a Blink System?
You can remove the Blink system as well as using the mobile app and following the below steps:
1. Launch the Blink app on your smartphone.
2. From the app home screen, click on the Settings gear in the bottom right corner.
3. Click on Device and System Settings.
4. Then click on the System you want to remove.
5. Next, tap on Delete System.
6. And tap Delete from the confirmation popup.
Why My Blink Camera Shows Registered to Another Account
This can be due to your camera being registered to another one’s Blink account, and the owner has not removed it from his account.
It is common when you purchase a camera from someone, receive it in a rental property, or the owner dies.
So, in this situation, you’ll need to access the camera’s previous owner and ask him to delete the camera from his account.
If the owner has died or you don’t know it is left by the previous property owner, you can contact Blink customer support.
On the other hand, if you’ve purchased a new camera just out of the box, and it shows the issue that it is registered to another account, you should contact the seller.
Reset the Camera
After removing the camera from another account, it still shows your camera is registered to another account; you should perform a factory reset for the device.
Performing a factory reset will remove glitches and turn the camera to its default factory settings. And help you to connect to your Blink account.
You can reset your camera with a physical button or use the other method available for your camera.
Here are steps to reset the Blink mini camera:
1. Press and hold the reset for about 30 seconds.
2. Release the button, and your camera will return to its factory settings.
Update Software/ Firmware
Another common cause for this issue is outdated or corrupted camera firmware. Because while your camera runs on an outdated version, it shows issues/ errors.
So, you should check your blink camera firmware version and ensure it is up to date. If it is outdated, you should update it from the Blink app.
Contact Customer Support
If none of the solutions has fixed the issue and your camera still shows the error that it is registered to another account, you should contact customer support.
These are the steps to unregister your Blink camera from another account:
- Go to the camera settings
- From the bottom of the screen, click Delete camera
- Click Ok to confirm choice
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Do you get your camera unregistered from another account? Do you know the camera owner or not?
Let me know in the comment.
You May Like Reading: